Friday, October 23, 2009

Why Substifoodtion?

So maybe I never explained the name, substifoodtion. My basic premise for weight management and a healthy lifestyle is finding substitutes for our favorite, not so health friendly, foods. Want a bagel with cream cheese? Save about 250 calories and opt for a Western alternative Bagel with Weight Watcher's cream cheese. Craving shrimp scampi, email me a request for a healthy version of this classic meal. Going out to dinner? Looking at the Brownie A La Mode for dessert? Save yourself a few hours at the gym and have some fresh berries while everyone else dives in. Then, when you get home microwave a Vitalicious brownie and top it with a Weight Watchers ice cream. It is all about finding ways to stay satisfied and beat the feelings of deprivation and dieting. It is about using your resources, and me, to keep the foods you love in your plan. Anyone need recipes or food swaps? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. hi
    i am sent here via weightwatcherkathy
    thanks for doing this
    ellenlans@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen: My pleasure. Thank you for checking out my blog. Please sign up as a follower, and don't forget to check in each week for new postings. If you have any questions, let me know. All the best, Jazmin

    ReplyDelete